The Last Emotional Straw | The Last Song Review


Ronnie Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her dad moved from New York City to North Carolina. Three years after the divorce of her parents and Ronnie is still angry and alienated, getting in with the wrong crowd, and pulling away from her dad. But then her mum decides that Ronnie and her brother have to spend the summer with their dad in North Carolina. And Ronnie's anything but happy about this decision. Ronnie's dad, Steve, is a retired concert pianist, now creating the centrepiece for the local church. Ronnie discovers love in North Carolina, heartbreak and healing.

The Last Song is the first Nicholas Sparks novel that I have ever read, (I once started The Notebook, but four chapters were missing and it wasn't to be) I've wanted to read it for a long time, so you can only imagine my excitement at purchasing it. I first heard about this book as the basis of the film. It's become synonymous now as the meeting of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth, and I'd be lying if I said that the film and Miley had nothing to do with wanting to read it.

Nicholas Sparks did not disappoint. Seriously, WOW, this book was amazing. I absolutely adored it. The story was beautiful, enhanced by the narratives of the different characters. Sparks created characters that were brilliant and realistic. I loved being able to see the growth of the characters throughout the novel, as Ronnie became a young woman and experienced true love. Steve was a brilliant character and a great father for Ronnie and Jonah, he was patient and loving, I liked him immediately.

The Last Song was heartbreaking. Sparks handled it beautifully. I felt my heart break for the characters, I had so many emotions running around. I cried over The Last Song in a way that I don't think I ever have for a book before.

This is a breathtaking novel that I highly recommend reading, it will stay with you long after you finish reading. Did you enjoy The Last Song? What made you want to read this novel? Let me know in the comments. If you're new to this blog I'd love you to follow me on Bloglovin'!

'The Last Song' by Nicholas Sparks
5 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,