Pieces of Me Review


This book contains sex and adult themes that may not be suitable for younger readers.

Description from Goodreads

For Delaney Roberts, moving across country and away from everyone who knew her darkest secrets, was the last chance she had at normal. When she starts her freshman year at Cedar Mountain University, she isn't focused on making friends or falling in love. She just wants to pick up the pieces of her shattered life and fit them back together the best she can.


Cole Marsh hadn't settled down since getting his heart broken three years before. But one look at the sexy brunette with the sad blue eyes and he's lost. But can he convince her to trust him enough to put the past behind her?


Pieces of Me was recommended to me on Goodreads, I've got a whole shelf dedicated to high-school/college romance cause I kinda love books set in college, the American education system kind of interests me. Can you tell I'm studying education at uni? 

Pieces of Me followed the unwritten New Adult rule that the female heroin must have a dark secret which causes her to be unwilling to enter into a relationship. Delaney's secret was a lot more traumatising than the standard cheating ex, so that definitely sets it apart from its counterparts. 

Time moved quite quickly in Pieces of Me, I didn't have to suffer through an endless description of Delaney's day, cause there's nothing worse than reading in minute detail what the character had for lunch. Cole was a really nice character, the typical player that settles down with the special someone. One aspect of Delaney and Cole's relationship that I really liked is that the disagreement and fight actually felt realistic, I hate when I read something that feels like the author wrote it purely for the purpose of a reconciliation. This was definitely not the case in Pieces of Me, Delaney has issues, and Cole just wanted her to trust him.

I liked Pieces of Me, it's not my all time favourite book, but it was enjoyable. Have you read Pieces of Me? Let me know what you thought in the comments. If you're new to the blog then I'd love you to follow me on Bloglovin'!

'Pieces of Me (Cedar Mountain University #1)' by Ann Garner
3 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,