Scratch by Rhonda Helms | Review


Description from Goodreads

The most painful scars are the ones you never see.

In her DJ booth at a Cleaveland dance club, Casey feels a sense of connection that's the closest she ever gets to normal. On her college campus, she's reserved, practical - all too aware of the disaster that can rest when you trust the wrong person. But inexplicably, Daniel refuses to pay attention to the walls she's put up. Like Casey, he's a senior. In every other way, he's her opposite.

Sexy, open, effortlessly charming, Daniel is willing to take chances and show his feelings. For some reason Casey can't fathom, he's intent on drawing her out of her bubble and back into a world that's messy and unpredictable. He doesn't know about the deep scars that pucker her stomach - or the deeper secret behind them. Since the violent night when everything changed, Casey has never let anyone get close enough to hurt her again. Now, she might be tempted to try.

I was so overcome with boredom while reading Scratch that I'm sorry to say I couldn't finish reading it. I thought I was going to enjoy it, on the outside it seems like your normal New Adult novel, with the heroine having to overcome some sort of tragedy. But for me this one just didn't match up to all of the others that I've read (and there's been a lot!) 

Why, I hear you ask. Well, for me there was no mystery in Scratch, Casey pretty much tells us everything within the first few chapters. That meant that I felt the 'big reveal' wouldn't be so big after all. 

Secondly, the whole thing focussed way too much on her and Daniel. I get it, they're falling in love and it's a first for her, but EVERY paragraph was about their relationship. Talk about boring! At the beginning I really enjoyed seeing her as a DJ. Well that didn't happen again. I got so bored reading Scratch that sadly I stopped reading it. 

Have you read Scratch? Let me know what you thought in the comments. If you're new to the blog then I'd love you to follo me on Bloglovin'!

'Scratch' by Rhonda Helms
Did Not Finish

Labels: , , , , , , ,