Forever Dreams by Leeanna Morgan | Review


Description from Goodreads:

She came to Montana looking for answers...and found forever.

When Gracie Donnelly, a school teacher from New Zealand, arrives on a Montana cattle ranch, she has more on her mind than mending fences and feeding chickens. She's secretly searching for her father and answers to questions that could destroy a family.

Just one look at the fiery five-foot-one redhead and Trent McKenzie knows Gracie is going to be trouble. Ever since the failure of his first marriage, he promised never to listen to his heart again. Especially when his heart is saying he's falling in love — and the one thing Gracie's searching for is the one thing that could take her away from him forever.

Forever Dreams is a book I wanted to read purely because it sounded light and fun, something that I would be able to dip in and out of. There's nothing worse than having a really busy couple of weeks and reading a book so hard hitting and full of feels that you just have to read it in one sitting. So that's why I picked Forever Dreams, and I'm happy to say it fulfilled my requirements. 

I enjoyed Forever Dreams, sure it didn't break boundaries or challenge me emotionally, but for a cowboy romance set in the South it was pretty good. 

I don't really have a lot to say about Forever Dreams in the form of praise, for me it was a pretty average book, which can only mean that I've got some criticisms. 

First off, I felt that Gracie really didn't put up much of a fight when she woke up and found herself married to Trent. You know that if that had been me he would have had a whole lot to answer for. Sure, Gracie appears to be annoyed, for two-seconds. She quickly accepts it and joins him in deceiving his mother, friends and brother, which really isn't cool. 

Secondly, when Gracie eventually leaves Trent she goes to stay with his mum. Yeah, that'll teach him. She should have gone back to New Zealand, then he would have known what missing her felt like! 

It wouldn't be a romance book if the characters didn't end up together. Leeanna Morgan delivered, although I felt that he reconciliation was squeezed in at the end and could definitely have been developed a lot more. 

Gracie ventures across the world from New Zealand to Montana in search of her father after discovering he isn't dead. It doesn't take long for Trent to realise who Gracie's father is, and obviously he doesn't want to say anything because then she'll leave him. It was pretty obvious who Gracie's father is, yet she takes forever to realise who he is. Seriously, does it need to spelled out? There are so many clues all pointing to the same man but it takes you until the end of the book! Not at all realistic and very annoying. 

Cleary Forever Dreams was a mixed bag, it didn't wow me and I found quite a few problem areas. Have you read Forever Dreams? Let me know what you thought of it in the comments. As always I'd love you to follow me on Bloglovin' and Instagram!

'Forever Dreams' by Leeanna Morgan
3 Stars

Labels: , , , , , ,