Just For Christmas by Scarlett Bailey | Review



Description from Goodreads:

Her best friend's wedding...

When Alex Munro learns that the love of her life is getting married to another girl, all she wants to be is alone - and as far away from Edinburgh as possible.

Moving to a Cornish cottage, which comes complete with the world's scruffiest dog, Alex finds that her new neighbours are determined to involve her in their madcap Christmas activities.

I've had a run of bad luck with books recently and I wanted to ditch the funk and find a fun and feel good Christmas romance. Just For Christmas was certainly that. Immediately you enter Alex's POV as she arrives in Cornwall at the dead of night. I liked Alex instantly, she's a hilarious character and I loved her and Poldore, although why she loved Marcus I'll never know. 

Just For Christmas made me laugh out loud, a pretty rare occurrence if I'm being honest. Alex is a lovely character, she's humorous and very real. I don't have anything bad to say about Just For Christmas, there were none of the usual romance shortcomings to be found which was a huge relief!

It's pretty clear that Ruan has the hots for Alex. The guy clearly likes her, although his broken heart makes him wary of jumping into love too quickly. Obviously Alex has no idea that she's the object of Ruans affections until he all but tells her. This naïveté of Alex was sweet and not at all cliché. 

The standout character in the book for me is hands down Buoy. Yep, he's a doggy, but we all know that they can be the best companions. 

I really enjoyed Just For Christmas, it's exactly what I was looking for. If you've got any Christmas book recommendations then I'd love to hear them! As always it'd be great if you follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin'

'Just For Christmas' by Scarlett Bailey
4 Stars

Labels: , , , , , ,