Roomies by Lindy Zart | Review


Description from Goodreads:

Graham Malone is my roommate, my personal eye candy, the reason I get up in the morning smiling (that could be from the illicit dreams I have about him too, I suppose. Let's move on). He's also beautiful to look at, but his heart is where his true beauty lies. Take away the exterior and the interior still shines.

I love him. I mean, I'm pretty sure I do, having never been in love before. Anyway, it seems legit.

And now his brother Blake is here, and, well, he's the complete opposite of Graham. Sarcastic, brooding, and totally available. But he's leaving soon, and Graham's the one I want. I shouldn't have to remind myself of this, right? I wouldn't have to if Blake would quit looking at me like I'm something yummy and he's starving.

Here's a toast to roomies; the ones you should never fall in love with. Or something.
I'm going to put it out there straight away that I liked Blake a whole lot more than Graham (when I was writing this I referred to him as 'the other guy' cause I just couldn't remember his name, I think that tells you a lot). And seeing as Kennedy ends up with Graham I think that says a lot about how I felt about the book. Blake is definitely the type of character that I like and gravitate towards, he's the ultimate bad boy, tall, dark, handsome and troubled. What more does a girl want? Apparently Kennedy didn't agree, her long time love for Graham outweighed any potential in the Blake-Kennedy department. 

I'm not sure how I felt about Kennedy, I pretty much hated her as soon as I started reading. The first few pages really didn't do it for me and I actually felt a little disappointed. I carried on regardless, cause that's the kind of gal I am, and I eventually warmed to Kennedy. She's an in your face character, boisterous and sarcastic. Apparently she has an ugly nose, she makes quite a big deal about hating it, yet it's only mentioned that one time. Kennedy is a classic case of a girl with daddy issues, in her case her daddy didn't know how to show his love for a daughter so just pretended she was his son. This was probably meant to add depth to her character, honestly though I found it annoying and predictable. Blake and Graham had a whole lot more depth to their characters, which we eventually learn about as they both open up to Kennedy. 

I wasn't too bothered by the ending of Roomies, I would like to read more of Blake as he was the only character I can honestly say I liked. 

Have you read Roomies? Let me know what you thought in the comments! As always I'd love you to follow me on Bloglovin'

'Roomies' by Lindy Zart
3 Srars

Labels: , , , , , , , ,